Kilmers Invade Paris June 2019 Part Two


 Hmmmm, where should we go?
It's hot but we'll save that Orange Sanguine for later (I wish they had these in the U.S.! One day it was so hot that I drank two of them. We tried to keep all of our purchases to Parisian vendors as much as possible but Starbucks had ice and a public bathroom.)
Fancy that! A bookstore!
The clerk was kind enough to show us this rare Douglas Fairbanks book. (We didn't buy it. I wish we could have!)
 Even in Paris...
Bopping in and out of bookstores to keep cool. Even in the early morning, it was already blazing hot.
I forget which government building we were near but there were lots of heavily armed police... I felt weird taking these pictures and I wasn't going to take ones with them standing right in front of us!
I may have squealed at the glitter.
I LOVED seeing these and I keep drawing them in my journals. They were around the corner from the Louvre. 
We didn't go in. We had to walk by though...
I called this little fake Notre Dame.
Ah, the Seine!
Bonjour, Bouquinistes of Paris, take all of my money for vintage postcards and books!
THIS bookstore had GREAT air conditioning! We made note of it.
Taking another look at Notre Dame but you couldn't get too close...

This was still early in the week, mid afternoon and the sun was BLAZING hot. Most of the Bouquinistes were closed.
Not the original Shakespeare and Company but we still had to check it out!
Notice the water fountain on the right for filling your water bottles. I wish we had these in the U.S. Everyone stood around and took turns.
We found a side street with great comic and film books! David did some damage!
It was hot. We were tired and hungry. A sidewalk cafe for pizza!
What's David looking at?

For some reason, I don't think kitties like pizza or salad.


The perfect meal after twelve hours of walking!
 La Sorbonne again!
Montaigne! I was jealous of his shoes! Fancy!
  
We were tired and it was time to go "home." We went off in search of a train station. Once inside, we found out that (once again, like the gas stations in the South of France), the ticket machines didn't like American credit cards (and we didn't have the right cash change) and that after hours, there are no clerks to buy train tickets from. We had to take an Uber home. After this happened, we made sure to buy round trip train tickets in the morning.
We found a book with an original sketch by Phillipe Druillet. This is what David spent his pennies on today.
Hers. I don't usually like things in my bought books unless they are signatures or sketches. I couldn't pass up a Shakespeare and Company rubber stamp!
 
Bonne nuit, Paris!

 

Previous Adventures Found Here:


 
 
 
 
  
 
Durfort, France
Durfort, France Part Une

Auvers sur Oise, France
Auvers sur Oise, France Part Une
Auvers sur Oise, France Part Deux
Auvers sur Oise, France Part Trois
Auvers sur Oise, France Part Quatre aka the Flowers of Auvers

London, U.K.
London June 7th and 8th
Vincent at the National Gallery London
The EY Exhibit Van Gogh and Britain

Comments

Popular Posts