6 October 2015 Journal Page


I had a great time teaching at Scrapbooking Forever yesterday. It's always nice to see some familiar faces as well as to meet some new ones! 


I've been reading 33 Artists in 3 Acts. It's always interesting seeing how other artists work and so far, the beginning part of the book is about trendy, Very Big Name, commercial artists who are more like factory artists (artists who delegate the actual labor to their staff.) I get really weird feelings about that. It's like having sand in your underwear kind of a feeling. I know Warhol and many others have worked that way but, honestly, what's the point of being an artist when you're working like a factory worker? I can't imagine not being the one to glue my work to the surface or brush the paint on or put pen to paper. 

Blog Love

Comments

Popular Posts