Book Love


Books, how very much I love thee.

The family and I were at Vromans in Pasadena (one of my weak spots) and on the way out (with nothing in my hands) I spotted a new Maira Kalman book. SIGNED! Arm twisted. Pages flipped. Heart swells. Maira LOVE! Yes, I did flip through all of the copies to find the book with the nicest drawing and signature. I am that much of a book geek. (FYI, they still have copies and they will mail order!)

A quick search to pop some links in here and I found that Maira has two more books coming out this year! One is called Girls Standing on Lawns and the other is My Favorite Things. These were quickly added to my wish list.

More Maira Love here, here, here, here, and here.

Another book that I just recently discovered was the latest from Patti Digh. It's called, "The Geography of Loss." It sits by my bed. I've flipped through it several times since it arrived yesterday. Still going through my own grieving process (I do not understand how folks talk about closure. Love never ends. You just learn how to carry things with you and some days are a little better than others.) From what I have seen and read so far, I would recommend it. It is next on my list of books to read.

What are you reading or looking forward to reading?

Comments

Debbie said…
Kelly, I so understand how you feel...there IS no closure. After losing my Dad when he was only 66 years old, I had panic attacks & was so sad...things like seeing a box of chocolate covered cherries...his favorite candy...would make me leave the store crying. With time, I think we learn to accept those things we cannot change...but our love never ends. My Mom is gone now, too...but she lived to 83, and with dementia setting in, she was ready to go. I used to hear my Dad's footsteps in the hallway here late at night...I'm now in the house I grew up in. After Mom's death, his footsteps stopped. I miss hearing those, but I know they're together again.
With love...Debbie

Popular Posts