July 21, 2009 journal page


*****

I ordered a copy of Barron Storey's Cardboard Town exhibit catalog from Bert Green Fine Art on Friday. Boom! It arrived in the mail on Saturday. Barron has an exhibit being held there until August 15th. Barron will be at Bert Green Fine Art on the last day of the show, August 15th from 3 to 5 p.m. Barron has long been one of my favorite artists. His work reaches in and grabs you right where you want it to. It's real, honest and true. There's no room for bullshit with Barron. He's one of my favorites and you can see his teaching and influence in many of his students' work. (I've blogged about him several times, the last post was here and here.) I'm leaving Friday for Arizona. I'm hoping to try to get downtown LA to see the artwork in person before I go. One thing that I don't think is on the website, you have to ask. There are three of Barron's journals in the gallery right now. If you want to see them in person, you have to ask at the front desk. If Barron's artwork isn't a pull for you to go, a rare chance to see his journals in person IS.

For those of you not in L.A., you can order a catalog through the site (I used paypal!) here and you can also see the artwork here.

Comments

Popular Posts