Joan Mitchell: A Life Lived Through Color SFMOMA December 2021




In December of 2021, David and I doubled up our masks and drove north to SFMOMA to see Joan Mitchell: A Life Lived Through Color. I had missed the David Park retrospective, I was not missing this.

 

Above are some of my favorite paintings and drawings from the exhibit. Almost a year later and I'm still thinking about it. I'm still searching for these brushes:



I'm going through older photos and creating posts from prior museum visits, etc... Things that I thought to be of interest, exciting and that I find extremely inspiring. (I promise to add Matisse/Diebenkorn soon.) 

 

You can see more of my photos from the Joan Mitchell: A Life Lived Through Color (December 2021) at SFMOMA here. There are close-ups of the work. 

 

Joan Mitchell on my shelf

 

A Video of Mitchell's art supplies:

 

Comments

Popular Posts