Joan Mitchell on my Shelf

 

"I'm trying to remember what I felt about a certain cypress tree and I feel if I remember it, it will last me quite a long life." -Joan Mitchell

For the last few years, I've been reading and studying about the life and work of painter Joan Mitchell. These are some of the books that I've managed to collect. I've read all of them and some have been pored over multiple times. There isn't a day that I haven't thought of her work.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link to writer and art historian Patricia Albers (author of "Joan Mitchell: Lady Painter") presenting an illustrated lecture on Mitchell.


Mitchell's work is currently on view at SFMOMA until January 17th, 2022. After that it will travel to:

The Baltimore Museum of Art (BMA): March 6–August 14, 2022

Fondation Louis Vuitton: October 5, 2022–February 27, 2023

 

I am still hopeful that I will be able to get to San Francisco to see this once in a lifetime exhibit in person.

Comments

Popular Posts