More Paint Studies

 

Lots of lessons in paint happening at my easel! Above is my most recent work. I'm going to try to fill a Stillman and Birn Zeta journal (about 6 x 9?) with bottles like you see above. Trying to push myself with what I can discover with layers of paint.

 

I've been having trouble finding the paper that I like to make my own journals, so I've been using Stillman and Birn journals lately for painting and sketching. So far, I am quite happy with them! 

 

My writing journal of choice is a Shinola Detroit and you can read more about that here. I love, love, love the Shinola Detroit journals for writing and drawing (I do not paint or collage in them.) 



My June session of The Art Life begins today! I've been busy tweaking the site. Now, I'm about to log off the desktop to go do some work at the easel to prepare for my workshops this weekend. I'm super excited about my Art Life Summer Spark Friday Paint Sessions!

 


 

Also, coming up this weekend, June 18th (*OR*) 20th, I have a new workshop, Finding Beauty: New Lessons in Seeing, Drawing and Painting Flowers

 

It's not too late to register for either workshop!

 

I'll leave you with a video I watched on Youtube via the Van Gogh Museum, artist Etel Adnan speaking about color as language

 

Comments

Popular Posts