Navigating

 

I've had Ishmael's voice, well, Herman Melville's thoughts, in my head the last couple of weeks. 

I'm reading Moby Dick for the first time. I can see why so many say it's their favorite book. Melville's words and characters come alive from the first sentence. They take up space in your head and you find yourself thinking about the book days after you read a passage. It's far from being a book about a whale. I wish I had read it long ago...

It is a good companion.

Supplies used:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with  100 lb Accent Opaque card stock sized Working size (book closed) 9 3/4 x 8" (Repurposing a journal I began in January.)

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Brushes

Painting knives

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Stabilo All Aquarellable Pencils

Looked at:

Edvard Munch

Vincent Van Gogh

Reading:

Herman Melville's Moby Dick

Comments

Popular Posts