Reflections on a Journey


I've been working on my "Things I Couldn't Hold Onto" project since the end of April. In the past, I've struggled to work in more than one journal at a time. In the spirit of the past year, I'm being pushed out of my comfort zone again and trying something new. 


I bound a new journal yesterday, repurposing a journal I began in January. (I am not sure yet what I will do with the pages that were previously in this journal.) I removed them and bound in two signatures. I added text (with paint markers) to the cover. I haven't worked inside yet. I have ideas but I want to see what develops before I share more.


I am eager to try to free myself up more. So, as often as ideas (and space) happen, I'll try to "multi-journal." I'll share pages from both (and label them appropriately) as the work develops. 


As always, thank you for your interest. 


Supplies used:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with 100 lb Accent Opaque card stock sized Working size (book closed) 9 3/4 x 8" (Repurposing a journal I began in January.)

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Water Based Paint Markers (Posca, Molotow)

Stabilo All Aquarellable Pencils

Looked at:

Edvard Munch

Enrique Martinez Celaya

Reading:

Enrique Martínez Celaya: Collected Writings and Interviews, 2010-2017
 
What is Art? Leo Tolstoy

Comments

Unknown said…
Kelly, I really like the idea of multi journaling. I am easily overwhelmed with things but I am "opening up" more as I multi task throughout my day. I am currently enrolled in Juna Biagioni's "Drawing in the Soul" and I have for the first time tried to paint a face in acrylics. It was a bit of a disaster but next time it should be easier. The next lesson is drawing a face in charcoal. I am happy with just having the opportunity to do this course and the ability to learn. Kay (Karen squared)
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Kay aka Karen Squared,

Yay for "opening up" and trying new things! I looked up Juan Biagioni's work-stunning! Looks like a fabulous class. I love your words, "Next time it should be easier." I can't wait to hear about your new journey. XO, K

Popular Posts