Snowfall 1995

 



It's December 1995. I'm in Quincy Center waiting for my mother to pick me up. My last college class has just ended. Outside of the glass doors where I wait, it is snowing. It is surprisingly quiet for the center of the city on a weeknight with Christmas coming. The snow is softly falling and the look of it as the streetlight illuminates it is forever etched in my memory.

I'm leaving on an airplane soon for Los Angeles. I'm going to meet David for the first time. I didn't know it at the time, but I wouldn't be coming home.
 
When I close my eyes, I still can see the snow.

Supplies used:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with 100 lb Accent Opaque card stock size 9 1/2 x 13" 

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Awl

Looked at:

Edvard Munch

Reading:

Edvard Munch: Behind The Scream by Sue Prideaux


Comments

Unknown said…
This is just beautiful Kelly, I am so glad you went to meet David. Kay

Popular Posts