Utrecht Artists' Colors Heavy Body Acrylic

I'm still using up my tube acrylic paints but wanted to try the Utrecht in jar form. I'm delighted with the consistency and the pigment load so much that I thought I'd share here as folks ask about paint recommendations on a regular basis. I will be buying these on a regular basis. Not all of my go to colors are available from Utrecht so I have to go elsewhere (Holbein's Mauve, Quinacridone Gold, Greenish Yellow, Naples Yellow, Golden's Pyrrole Red, Golden's Prussian Blue and Holbein Luminous Opera.) 
 
My basic palette is shown above:
Mars Black
Titanium White
Yellow Ochre
Hansa Yellow Light
Burnt Umber
My go to red lately has been Pyrrole Red  
For traveling and use of ease (especially if you have problems with your hands and opening jars), I'd definitely choose the tubes. For stretching your dollar and quantity, I'd go with the jars as much as possible!
Remember, use a clean palette knife to take out what you need and don't put anything back into the jar (more on that in the mediums posts below.)
Where to find Utrecht Heavy Body Acrylics (in jars and tubes) via Utrecht
via Blick

 

Comments

That Hansa Yellow, looks like pudding! I think I'll have to try that one. But it will be a while for any of the others, since I've just stocked up....and none of these are inexpensive!😀
Kelly Kilmer said…
@Indigene,
Thanks for stopping by. The yellow is incredible. All of the colors I bought were yummy and I hear you, they're a splurge. I'm thankful that they last awhile especially in the jar size.😊

Popular Posts