Art Pilgrimage April and May 2018



(photos taken at The Barnes in PA)

I'm home from my road trip across the U.S. and back. I have the feeling of re-entry onto planet Earth. I taught this past weekend in San Diego and this Saturday I'm teaching in Los Angeles for the first time in a long time on a Saturday! A week from today, I'm trekking to Santa Fe and Colorado Springs for workshops, then up to Northern California. Then I'll have a little bit of quiet time to work on my plans for my 2019 workshop in France.


In the meantime, here are some of the unedited photos that I took of my favorite pieces at each of the museums Mom and I saw on our art pilgrimage. It is difficult to truly see everything at even the smallest of museums. My focus was on the work of Vincent Van Gogh but I managed to find some additional gems in each visit.

I'm going to do a separate post on the Van Gogh paintings that I saw since seeing Vincent's work was my main reason for visiting each of these specific museums.

Grab a cup of tea and sit back... I'd love to hear which artworks you are most interested in from these museums.


Mondrian and Cezanne at the Kreeger Museum DC


Paul Klee at the Phillips Museum D.C.

April

May

Lucy Desi Museum NY (went here for Mom. Not Vincent...)

Comments

Popular Posts