What I'm Reading



“The recollections of an older man are different from those of a younger man. What seemed vital at forty may lose its significance at seventy. We manufacture stories, after all, from the fleeting sensory material that bombards us at every instant, a fragmented series of pictures, conversations, odors, and the touch of things and people. We delete most of it to live with some semblance of order, and the reshuffling of memory goes on until we die.” - Siri HustvedtWhat I Loved

I'm trying to remember how I found out about Siri Hustvedt's work. I think that it was via a Google search on books about art that made me stumble across her work. I have a pile next to the bed now that's waiting for me. I've started with What I Loved and about 1/4 of the way through it right now. 

Image may contain: food

I've put the book aside for now to work on assembling my latest self published offering. I picked up the finished pages at the printer on Saturday. I can't wait to have them in your hands. My plan is to have them all scored by tomorrow night. Then the next day will be spent binding the books and signing. Finally, packaging them to take to the post office. Thanks again to those of you who have pre-ordered. There are still some left but once they are gone, they will not be reprinted.

Comments

Popular Posts