What I'm Reading: Comics


I guess I should've made my bed before I took this photo but this is pretty much how I spent my weekend. Sure, I did some work. I created the print that I'll be giving folks who pre-order my latest book, Visual Poetry. I helped both David and Tristan out with some of their projects. I did some TV watching (Grimm, IZombie and Daredevil.) For the most part, I did a lot of reading. 

I like to read my comics in chunks. I've read maybe half of the above comics so far. My favorites are:  

-Ms Marvel (one of the BEST comics being made right now and my current favorite)

-Sensation Comics Presents Wonder Woman (I've only read issues 3, 8 and 9 but I really, really liked them. I'm hoping to pick up the collected trade paperback)

-Sergio Aragones' Funnies (I love these autobiographical well drawn and superbly written comics)

-Lumberjanes (another great series for pretty much everyone. Love the original art and unique stories. Not to mention the mix tape at the end of each issue!)

-Sandman Overtures (I'm a huge Sandman fan and this doesn't disappoint. Visually stunning. Hard to put down.)

-Wayward (I've only read the first issue and I'm eager to read more. Not for kids.) 

-Bee and Puppycat (not for kids but I love the art and the stories!)

Free Comic Book Day is this coming Saturday. Find out more here. You'll find me at Golden Apple Comics, my friendly neighborhood comics shop. I'm hoping to pick up:
Comics Festival
Super Mutant Magic Academy
The Tick
CBDLF Defend Comics
The Phantom 

Do you read comics? If so, what are you reading? If not, what's stopping you? They're not just for kids!

Comments

Popular Posts