Free Comic Book Day 2014


Tristan and I were up and out early yesterday morning for Free Comic Book Day. We're lucky that there are a large number of comic book shops in Los Angeles. We hit Golden Apple Comics, Melrose Music and Meltdown Comics. We picked up everything on our list. I read a ton of the comics yesterday and the ones in the above photo were my favorites. 

Folks often ask what our favorite comic shops are and honestly, each one offers something different. Golden Apple always holds a special place in our hearts as we've been going there the longest. It was one of the first places that David took me to when I arrived in Los Angeles in late December 1995. He was a weekly customer long before that.

Free Comic Book Day always offers previews of some of the best comics to come in the new year. Not all of these were mentioned or offered on FCBD but I'm really looking forward to:

What am I missing?

You may be interested in my list of where I shop in Los Angeles (bookstores, art stores, etc...)

Comments

Popular Posts