Where I Shop for Art Supplies and Books in Los Angeles

4 June 2010 Journal Page
I thought I'd do a quick run down of some of my favorite places to shop for art supplies and books in the Los Angeles area:

Art Stuff:
Kinokuniya-Los Angeles-pens, paper, tape, books, etc...
Nova color-Los Angeles-for paints and mediums
Kelly Paper-Los Angeles-where I buy my paper, 100 lb Accent Opaque index cardstock

Graphaids Los Angeles-Mom and Pop art store...
Artist and Craftsman-awesome selection of handmade and decorative paper at great prices, tons of art supplies!
Dick Blick Los Angeles-Fun to wander

Blue Rooster Los Angeles-will order almost anything. Small but well stocked!
Paper Source Pasadena and Beverly Hills-Fun paper store. I don't like the BH store since they downsized on paper. I prefer the Pasadena store. Lucky me that they opened another store on Fairfax and Third!

Baller Hardware L.A.
Swain's Glendale 
Carter Sexton North Hollywood 
Art Supply Warehouse a trek from LA in Westminster but worth it
Sticker Planet Los Angeles-the name says it all...tons of stickers in a store that's a little bigger than my bathroom.

Kinokuniya Downtown LA-books, paper, washi tape, stamps, pens and more!
 
Artsy:

Firefly Venice
Urbanic Paper Boutique Venice

Books:
I'm not going to comment on each bookstore. We try to go to each one every few weeks. Some we go to more frequently than others.


Iliad North Hollywood-My Favorite Bookstore. Ever.
Alias East Atwater Village

Sideshow Books West Los Angeles
Skylight Books Los Angeles
Soap Plant/Wacko Los Angeles
Book Soup Los Angeles
Vromans Pasadena
Golden Apple Comics Los Angeles

Family Los Angeles
Giant Robot Los Angeles
Kinokuniya Downtown LA-books, paper, washi tape, stamps, pens and more!
Book Alley Pasadena

Century Books Pasadena
Hennessey and Ingalls-art books galore
Arcana Books-more art books

For those of you in the L.A., or who have shopped in L.A., what are your favorite places?

Comments

Barb Smith said…
Wish I could come to LA...I'd go shop at every store you mentioned. And the bookstores? OH MY! I would get in serious trouble there. LOL

Where do you find your images? This is seriously my very favorite of your journal pages...I absolutely LOVE it and wish I could find images to use like yours. Always so peaceful. Mmmmm.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~
Jazz said…
I wanna be in LA!!!
Sandy said…
I love this page and have that same image just waiting to be used.

I wish I could spend just 2 weeks shopping in CA and taking some of your classes. Some day soon. It would be the trip of a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing all the information and links.
Unknown said…
Hennessey and Ingalls book store in Santa Monica-nothing but art and architecture books.
The Folk Tree in Pasadena.
GoodchefT said…
That reminds me to go check out the Graphaids/Lyons in Long Beach. I haven't popped in that store in years.
Timaree said…
Wow. When I go out to visit my daughter I'll have to pull up the list for Pasadena stores. Her mother-in-law lives over by there in Temple City so we could shop and meet her for lunch some day.
lostinart said…
Wow, that's quite a list Kelly. Thanks for posting this. It took some time I am sure and I will really appreciate using it when I am there.
lostinart said…
Thank you so much Kelly. What a nice thing for you to do. I hope I can get around to even a fourth of these. Maggie
Moo's Moments said…
I love this page, so peaceful :)

Popular Posts