8 April 2013 Journal Pages


Tuesday and Wednesday were whirlwind days. David, Tristan and I went to the Hollywood Premiere of Star Trek: Into Darkness. You may have seen us on TV sitting in the bleachers as the stars walked onto the carpet. I was happy to see Leonard Nimoy (second time in a week), LeVar Burton, Karl Urban and Zachary Quinto. The movie, however, was (sadly) what I was expecting (I'm not an Abrams fan. I am a Star Trek fan and this ain't Star Trek.) You can read about what happened here (via David's blog.)

Wednesday had two firsts: I taught at an ad agency. The male students outnumbered the female students! It was a very interesting experience and I really enjoyed teaching there and hope to do so again. 

David knew that I was exhausted and it was either go out (and stay awake) or pj time and sleep the rest of the afternoon. Out we went! We hit some of our favorite comic and book stores as well as Tarantino's in Pasadena for pizza (yum.) I was running very low on some of my favorite color Sakura Glaze and Souffle pens, so we stopped at Swain's in Glendale for some pens. I finally found the infamous new Faber Castell Pitt pen in white. I couldn't wait to try it out. I used it on the slick back cover of the journal I've been working in lately, washi tape, handmade paper and scrapbook paper:
 

I love it! It takes a couple of minutes to dry but it dries fairly fast, permanent (I rubbed my finger over it. I have not tried going over i with paint or water) and to an opaque white. My complaint is that it's only available in a bullet white tip. It's also a bit pricey at $6.25 (I paid less for some Molotow 4 in 1 markers yesterday.) I am playing catch up with a lot of things and am looking forward to having more time this evening to play in my journal with this pen!

Two quick reminders: I'm selling 18 journals on my blog tomorrow (Friday) night at 7 p.m. PST. They tend to go fast and once they're gone, I won't have any for a long time. A new blog post will pop up at 7 p.m. with the journals and paypal buttons. I'll be on hand to field questions and to try to remove the sold journals as fast as I can. (Remember, you may have to refresh your page.)

I'm also scheduled to teach the debut of my new, revised Triptych book class this Sunday at Word is Art in L.A. Catch it while you can. I'm very excited about teaching it.

Comments

Popular Posts