Work in Progress: New Journal Cover

I started working on a new journal last night. Above is a quick "before" shot of the new journal cover. Before you ask, I did not use acrylic paint. More on that later. I'll be honest in saying that I don't like the "before" shot but I love what it looks like now and I'm very happy that I kept pushing it. I'll show you tomorrow what it morphed into.

*****

I've been non stop working lately (it's a good thing, not complaining). My weekend is being spent working diligently on my latest online class, Revel in the Moment. I want you to love the class as much as I loved working on my journal for the class. I never sit down thinking, "This will be a class" as I work in my journal. However, I try to approach each page in a different manner. The handout is over 30 pages so far and I'm not even done with it yet. I'm excited.

My goal is to have the class up earlier than the 22nd.
With Christmas next weekend, prepping for my Massachusetts classes and all of the other stuff that I need to get done before we leave, I promise that I'll do my best! I just want to stress one more time that the class is entirely a work at your own pace class with material that you can access at any time.

Revel in the Moment is at a special sale price of $20 until 12:01 a.m. PST on December 22, 2011. After that date, the class price will go up.

*****

Even though this time of year can get crazy, I still am trying to take the time and spend at least 10 to 15 minutes doing something in my journal daily. I don't try to finish pages in one go. I just do what I can. I don't beat myself up over the fact that sometimes it may take a couple of days to get a page done. It's all good.

*****
Some quick film recommendations, David, Tristan and I went to the New Beverly the other night for a double bill of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and Ride the High Country (both are two of my favorite films.) I get very tired of hearing people say that they don't like Westerns. If those words have ever come out of your mouth, you're clearly not watching the right westerns. Go watch the two films above and let me know if you've changed your mind.

A wonderful bonus that night was getting to see Peter Bogdanovich again. Bogdanovich is one of my favorite film directors and critics, not to mention a living, breathing film history reference guide. The stories that Bogdanovich can tell! We've seen him in person several times. David and I were very disappointed that we didn't notice him sitting in the front (before Liberty Valance started) as we were hoping to have a chance to meet and talk with him for a few minutes. I'll watch any film he's made or any documentary he's in, and damn, his impressions are spot on.

Check out Bogdanovich's blog here.

*****

We also saw Tintin earlier in the week at a special sneak peek screening. It was fun but all in all, not very good. I spent most of the time watching the visuals, which are stunning. The story line is severely lacking in quite a few places and it's one big chase after another. Tristan loved it, but his favorite film is Tron: Legacy so that doesn't say much. One little side note, we did see it in 3-D and I really don't recommend sitting anywhere near the front for anything in 3-D. I was sick afterward.

*****

Blog Love:
Before I forget, Maira Kalman has two books due out within the next month (here and here.)
Clothespin Wreath (speaking of Hambly, they're having another sale.)
Cathy Cullis Daily Project 2012
New Artisans Book Review
Olive Oil Bread

Comments

Popular Posts