Revel in The Moment

I'd like to announce my latest online class:

Revel in the Moment
A workshop designed to encourage you to slow down and to use your journal to process your world upon the pages of your journal.

In this e-book* form course, you will learn how to construct a simple, made from scratch art journal!

You will work completely at your own pace utilizing collage templates and journal prompts (all new and designed specifically for this class!)
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller
Are there photos?
Yes, there are photos of my sample pages. You will also have the opportunity to upload and share (if you wish) your own sample pages.

Is there a discussion group?
Yes! By popular demand, there will be an easy access forum for you to discuss the class with fellow students.

Is there a handout?
YES! I am a firm believer in handouts. You will receive a detailed 39 page handout that you can download, save and print out. There are step by step instructions, tons of information, photos and more. There are also (new!) collage templates for you to use! My thought process for every journal page in the Revel in the Moment Book is documented to give you an insight into how I approach and work through a journal page.

What's the supply list?
I really want you to use stuff that you already have on hand. For the pages, you need glue (a glue stick, gel medium, whatever adhesive you usually use for paper). You will need some of your favorite pens (again, use what you have on hand. I did not limit myself with this class but used my favorite supplies (as shown here in this blog post). The pens that I used include a black permanent, waterproof pen (Rapidosketch .35), Sakura Glaze and Souffle pens. You need a pair of scissors, an old rag or paper towel for burnishing the images, a gluing surface (like an old catalog). You will need a selection of your favorite papers (think along the lines of anything that you would glue down to create a page: handmade papers, scrapbook papers, old magazines, catalogs or books) for the collage part of the class. Optional, but not totally necessary are: stickers, transparencies, washi tape, rub-ons, etc...

Again, I want to stress, do NOT go out and buy anything for this class. Please use what you have on hand.

For Creating the Book-Fabric and/or handmade paper, tacky glue (or gel medium), awl, needle, waxed linen thread, cardstock (I use 140 lb wausau exact index cardstock but you can use your favorite paper, scrapbook paper, handmade paper, junk paper, etc...)

I work full time, can I take this class at any time?
Yes! This is a work at your own pace class. You can sign up at any point. You will have full access to the class. I am always available to answer and respond to questions.

When does the class start?

This is a work at your own pace class that is available NOW.
Within 24 hours of you signing up, you will receive an email from me with information. Please take a minute to read this email (upon receipt) in its entirety. You can access, download and print the handout out at anytime! You do not have to start (or finish) on any specific date. I will be leaving the class material up so that students can access the information AT ANY TIME. I am ALWAYS available if you need me via email! I will also be checking in with the group on a regular basis to see how people are doing. When you sign up for this class, you are in and can access it any time that is most convenient for YOU.
How much does it cost?

$25

Please note there are NO REFUNDS once you receive the course materials.

Please also respect the amount of time, effort and work it took me to create this material. You can download, save and print out (or read it on your ipad, kindle, etc...) for personal use. I'm a one woman (very small) business and I work very hard at what I do. I strive to offer the best material possible. I'm always excited about what I teach and I hope that you get the most out of my classes. This helps to support my work and makes me able to offer more classes and come up new ideas!

If you teach children, feel free to work on the exercises with them! I don't mind people who teach kids using these ideas in classes! Get 'em started and hooked on art young is my motto!

Can I give the class as a gift?

Sure! If you email me or include a note with your payment, I will email the file to whomever you'd like. I've included a special option via the paypal button below just make sure that you include the name and email of the person receiving the class and any additional information you'd like me to include. If you want to give a gift to more than two people, just email me and I'll send you an invoice!

Who is this class geared towards?

Everyone! I strive to make my classes accessible for beginners to advanced students. I have been working in and teaching this medium for over 14 years now and I learn something new with every workshop.

I have a busy winter of me, should I take this workshop now?
My main idea with this class was encouraging people to slow down, document and enjoy their life while processing daily events and happenings upon the pages of their journal. I know that people are usually extremely busy during the holiday season and I thought what better time to make a new journal to reflect and revel upon the end of one year and the beginning of another! Hence, this class was born.

I am often teaching and traveling and I never leave home without my journal bag! I work exclusively from my journal bag (shown in this post) using the limited supplies and the tools I had with me to create the book and to start work on the pages. The size, weight and portability, along with the limited amount of supplies you need make this the perfect journal for life on the go or close to home. I love sticking my collage ephemera, a couple of pens and a glue stick in a baggie with the journal. I'm all about portability and ease!

This class does not close so you can take the workshop ANY time and work at your own pace! Once you've signed up for Revel in the Moment, you are in the workshop!

How do I sign up?

Click the paypal button below or email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net more more info!





Revel in the Moment Choose an Option





*e-book=pdf file that can be read on your laptop, home computer, smart phone, iphone, ipad, etc... You can also download it, save it and print it out and read it the old fashioned way (which is what I do). You don't have to be tech savvy, a pdf file is one of the most basic files on the internet. I have basic trouble shooting guides, information and I'll be around if anyone has a problem or any questions! The class is entirely work at your own pace at ANY TIME.

Comments

Marylinn Kelly said…
This sounds like the perfect class to bring us back to center as we reach critical mass during the holidays. Your encouragement to use materials at hand is very refreshing and the cost is so reasonable. Here's hoping for students by the dozens. xo
Very intriguing, Kelly. I'm considering.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks, ladies. I've poured my heart and soul into this class so I hope that people will love and appreciate it as much as I want them to!!
Jean said…
I was hoping it was a new class when you said you had an announcement! Yay!
Sandy said…
So excited. I love your classes.
Emie58 said…
Thanks for offering another online class.. I signed up!!!!
Emie (Mary E.)
cookievf said…
sounds great! hoping to join in on the fun! - vicki xo
Monica said…
Oh Yuck I will be traveling from 18 to 31 and will not have a hook up. well hope you have a class next spring.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Monica and others, the class is entirely work at your own pace. You do not have to be online at a certain time, date, etc... Everything is downloadable and made to be printed out or looked at on your ipad or e-reader. I am hoping to actually have the material out wayyyy before the 22nd as I know the holidays get busy for people. The class does NOT run from X date to X date. It is work on your own but I am here when you need me!
Desert Mermaid said…
Kelly -- being as I have only a few pens, a coupla rolls of deco tape, and glue sticks/mags, is that enough to take this class? I mean, do I need paint and all kinds of other stuff?
Kelly Kilmer said…
Desert Mermaid,

You don't need paint or anything other than the bare bones of what's on the supply list. Making the journal is optional, too. I am stressing that folks do NOT buy anything special for this class. Use what you have and make it work. :)

Email me if you have any questions!

Kelly
Ellen K. said…
I just found you and I would like to try your class. I am working on some holiday gifts and think the class will help me finish them. You mentioned having the materials up before the 22nd. How soon would I be able to start? I am home with a nasty cold and this would be a perfect thing for me to do now:~)
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Ellen,

The materials are not up yet. They will be up on or before the 22nd. I am going to try my darndest to have the class go live this coming Monday, the 19th but I'm not promising that. :) It will be up definitely on or before the 22nd as I said in the description. The class is on sale until the 22nd. After 12:01 a.m. on the 22nd, the class price will go up.

I hope that you feel better!

Popular Posts