Journal page from yesterday..gettin' my groove back:Box o' paints that I brought with me to class last night. These are the colors I use: Hansa Yellow Medium (or Azo Yellow Medium), Quinacridone Magaenta, Phthalo Blue, Paynes Grey, Titan buff (or Raw Titan Matte), Titan white, Burnt Sienna...I use gloss (or polymer medium) to mix it into the paint (about 50/50) to "extend" the paints and make 'em last longer. If you use a high quality paint (my favorite is Nova Color in L.A.), & mix the paints with the gloss medium your paints will last much longer AND you won't lose quality, only gain quantity!
Stamps and stickas (oops Boston accent coming out) that I bought from Stampin' From the Heart in LA last night. Karen had so many cool new goodies in that I had to put my hands behind my back so the goodies wouldn't jump in my basket and want to go home with me. I had ordered the Celtic stamps a couple of weeks ago (Judikins) for um, a surprise I am planning...
The boy still fits into the laundry basket.
I guess he finds it very very comfortable. Weird, ain't he?

If I win the lottery...I want this book!!! Don't look, or you might want it, too!

I received the latest issue of Teesha's Art & Life zine. I was eyeballing her tapes "got that one...don't got that one...need to get that one...". So, like I was saying the other day, if you go to etsy and ebay and google and all of these places and put in different key words, you can find lots of tape. LOTS of it. Holy crapola. More then I ever knew existed. Um, so Kelly has a knack for finding tape. I can't find the damn pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow, but I can find tape. SO, I decide 30 minutes before I have to leave for class yesterday that I need to google and see if I can find even MORE tape. I received a roll of clover tape in the mail yesterday (yay!). The company name was printed on the packaging (but not on the roll)- Mind Wave, Inc. The tape is made in China but sold in Japan. OK. So I google "Mind Wave, Inc". The tape! I found the city tape I had been looking for. Woo-hoo! As I told my friend Kat last night that when none of us have any money, at least I'll be well stocked with art supplies-sitting in the street with my nine million bags of paper, tape and books. I'll have something to do as I sit and talk to myself and play in my books. But just so you know, I'm backing away from google and the computer n o w wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....No more tape (well, no more money). for now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome post....and my favorite paper of all time is in there I think? Paper-Soucre cherry blossom? Beautiful! I promised myself a bunch of those once we move and I have somewhere to keep it nice and pretty.
Viki said…
it is dangerous to read you blog!
Tape.
Who knew I needed it?

Viki
Unknown said…
I looked. Now I want that book too! Wow, where do you find all this fantastic stuff?

Marissa
&rew said…
Oh darn, I HAVE to get that city tape - it's all your fault! Gotta go and order couple of rolls. :-)
BonBon said…
Now I'm craving tape, and found this site: http://www.accoutrements.com/tape.html

but they only sell to dealers, and have a $200 minimum! And they have bacon tape! Have you ever seen these in stores?

Carol
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Carol,
You can find the accoutrements tape at several places.
Zinnia in So Pasadena carries it.
Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale carries it.
Archie McPhee's in Seattle carries it.
Hope this helps!

Popular Posts