The Before and The After:



Journaling that I added tonight with my Sakura Pens (Gelly Roll Black) and Sharpie Poster Paint Waterbased in White




Ditto the same pens but I also used Hambly Rub Ons



Same pens (black Sharpie poster paint waterbased this time though) and American Craft Co Rub Ons


No ramblings from me today...at least not yet...

Just sitting here on a Sunday night listening to the rain fall softly in the background as the husband and I listen to "The Swinging Years" with Chuck Cecil on KCSN (we listen via the internet as the reception isn't that great here on the regular radio...it's on from 8 p.m. until midnight on Sundays). I'm so happy that they moved this show to Sunday nights as it used to be on Saturday afternoons and I often missed it as I was teaching. I love big band, swing and that whole era of music (and movies).

Oh and lastly, I was reminded of the late great Erma Bombeck in class at Violets' on Saturday and her wonderful, wonderful quotes (Lorraine mentioned the infamous Titanic quote: "
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart.") The one I need to remember right now is:

"My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch on fire or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one cares. Why should you?"


Now where the hell is my Erma Bombeck book. I'll need to pick that one up after I finish reading this one.
Excelsior, my friends! Excelsior!

Comments

BellaKarma said…
I've been organizing the garage (toss, toss, toss)and putting stuff up on eBay. When I came across "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, Then What Am I Doing in the Pits?" (a very early paperback edition) - I couldn't bear to part with it (or any of her other classics I found). She wrote me a personal letter shortly before her death - apologizing for something that she wrote that had offended me - and she admitted she was wrong.

She was quite a classy lady.

Popular Posts