Pen Love: JetPens Order Review


JetPens has started up their program again where they send select artists a $25 gift certificate. I always have a hard time narrowing down the pens that I wanted to try but here's what I bought this time:

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Maica Gel Ink Pen - 0.4 mm  (bought orange, red, apricot orange, light blue, green, blue, black, pink and blue black.)
I bought a few of these pens over the last few months and loved them. The Pilot Hi-Tec-C Maica Gel Ink Pen is a fine tip, water-based gel pen that writes very smoothly, no skipping and it's not scratchy at all. I love the colors and the super fine tip. They are quite yummy on paper (even on handmade paper.)

The other pen in the above photo (on the left) is a .38 Morning Glory Mach 3 Roller Ball Pen in Flash Pink. The ink quality is too much like a high lighter for me. I can't really recommend it unless you want a fine tip highlighter pen.


I am an obvious sucker for gel pens. A few folks have asked my opinion on the Pilot Juice pens. I bought a few pens in both the .5 and .7 range to experiment with. They glide on paper. I love the colors that I bought (see the above photo.) I don't know if I need every color that they make but they are definitely a good quality gel pen for use on paper.

*****

As an fyi, none of the above pens (Pilot Juice or Hi-Tec-Maica) are permanent on dried acrylics or paper tape/washi tape. 

*****

My favorite gel pens are still the Sakura Glaze and Souffle. They write on a wide variety of surfaces (paper, tape, dried acrylics, even glass!) 

*****

You may also be interested in:

Comments

Marylinn Kelly said…
Your pen posts are always trouble. The very best kind. I've learned a lot, saved a great deal of costly trial and error, by following your suggestions, thank you. xo

Popular Posts