Sun•Moon•Stars: the Painted Dandelion Workshop Saturday 21 September 2024 11 AM - 2 PM PDT

 


Sun•Moon•Stars: the Painted Dandelion

Saturday 21 September 2024
11 AM - 2 PM PDT
$75

Live 
(and later available as a recording)
 
 
 

 

 
Gather a handful of colors, brushes, and your substrate of choice, and celebrate the last day of summer. 

“Most of the dandelions had changed from suns into moons.” 
– Vladimir Nabokov

They say that the dandelion is the only flower that represents the celestial bodies of the sun, moon and stars. The yellow flower resembles the sun, the puff is the moon and the seeds scatter like the stars. The dandelion opens to greet the morning and closes in the evening to sleep.

Honor and celebrate this colorful time of year by spending an afternoon immersed in play and thoughtful exploration.
 
  • Create several unique to you paintings
  • Discover playful and colorful ways of mark making
  • Learn different ways of using your brushes to create rich, luscious, painterly texture
  • Embrace new possibilities in color palettes

We will also discuss ways of idea generating, sketching, gathering inspiration, working in your journal/sketchbook vs alternative substrates. 

This workshop, like dandelions, will cover a lot of ground.

Please note that this workshop is for everyone, beginners to advanced.
 

 
Supplies needed: 

USE WHAT YOU HAVE.

  • your journal/substrate
  • a handful of your favorite paint colors (I'm using acrylics)
  • a handful of your favorite brushes in different sizes/shapes, favorite painting tools, paper towels/rags, plus water in your water bucket
  • a pencil/pen and journal for sketching, idea generating, dreaming, note taking, idea exploration

(I'll send a list of the specifics I use so you have it upon registration. Use what YOU have.)

**Disclaimer: I do not work for or represent any company or brand. The views I share on my favorite tools and brands are from more than 25 years of working hands on with acrylic paints and mixed media supplies. No one pays me to sell their wares nor do I receive any free product. I only recommend what I love and use.


Can't make the live workshop?*

The main part of my workshops are always recorded. Please note: for those who are camera shy, during the main part of the workshop I am pinned and students are muted (but, encouraged to unmute and ask questions!) Additionally, before and after the session, there is time for students to ask questions, share, and engage with each other and me, WHILE NOT BEING RECORDED.

You'll receive a special link and an extensive class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.

 

Remember, enrollment for the live workshop is limited to the first 15 registrants. 


 I like to keep the group small so everyone has time to ask questions and share.

 



Questions? Please email Kelly at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

How do I sign up?

 



 
See you soon!

 

 





Comments

Popular Posts