Things I Couldn't Hold Onto: A Painted Journal End of Summer Workshop Saturday, 24 August 2024 11 AM PDT

 

Things I Couldn't Hold Onto: 

A Painted Journal End of Summer Workshop 

Saturday, 24 August 2024 

11 AM - 2 PM PDT

 $75

 






The things we can't hold onto....
We don't truly leave them behind.
Like us, they morph and change.
 
They plant seeds,
Sometimes deep within us.
 
It's up to us to uncover some of those seeds, to nourish, and allow them to thrive.
 

 
 
Each of these pages represents a memory, a moment in time that's important to me.
 
I want you to uncover what's important to you. 
 

 

Using our favorite mediums (paper, paint, pen), we will relish the last days of summer. Create collaged and painted, personal pieces that are unique to you. 


Spend three hours thinking about memories that bring you joy and bringing them to life in your work.

 

 
Supplies needed: 

USE WHAT YOU HAVE.
  • I will be sending you an email with a tiny bit of homework/prep work to think about/gather before the workshop.
  • your journal/substrate
  • collage material (small amount of favorite images, background papers. Think about reading THIS), favorite adhesive, metal ruler (for tearing), scissors, something to glue on and a rag/paper towel
  • a small handful of your favorite paint colors (I'm using acrylics), 2-3 of your favorite brushes in different sizes/shapes, favorite painting tools, paper towels/rags, plus water in your water bucket
  • Favorite mark making tools: paint markers, pencils, water soluble crayons, etc... I used what I have, you use what YOU have. (I will send you a specific supply list of what I used upon registration. Again, I want you to use what YOU already have.)
     
(I'll send a list of the specifics I use so you have it upon registration. Use what YOU have.)

**Disclaimer: I do not work for or represent any company or brand. The views I share on my favorite tools and brands are from more than 25 years of working hands on with acrylic paints and mixed media supplies. No one pays me to sell their wares nor do I receive any free product. I only recommend what I love and use.

*I am NOT an art therapist. These workshops are NOT meant to be a substitute for actual therapy.**

Can't make the live workshop?*

The main part of my workshops are always recorded. Please note: for those who are camera shy, during the main part of the workshop I am pinned and students are muted (but, encouraged to unmute and ask questions!) Additionally, before and after the session, there is time for students to ask questions, share, and engage with each other and me, WHILE NOT BEING RECORDED.

 

You'll receive a special link and an extensive class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.

 

Remember, enrollment for the live workshop is limited to the first 15 registrants. 


 I like to keep the group small so everyone has time to ask questions and share.

 

Make time for your creativity.


Questions? Please email Kelly at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

How do I sign up?



 
See you soon!

 

Comments

Popular Posts