Painterly Pages with One Brush: An All NEW PWYCW Saturday 16 March 2024 11 AM - 1:30 PM PST

Painterly Pages with One Brush

Saturday 16 March 2024 

approximately 2 1/2 hours**

11 AM - 1:30 PM PST

 


 

 




 Come paint with me!
 
Create rich, luscious, painterly pages in this special 2 1/2 hour workshop. These papers can be used in paintings, as art journal pages, as painted backgrounds, collage pieces and much, much more.

I'll share the basics of my favorite brush (it's not a magic brush, and if you don't have one, we'll discuss alternatives as I am a big believer in using what you have.) We will also discuss the properties of various acrylic paints and what my favorites are (and why.)
 


**We won't be creating finished art journal pages, instead we will be creating a small pile of painted pages to inspire NEW work. I'm sharing some of my favorite finished pages so you have an idea of just some of the things you can do with your work from class. 
 
Come spark ideas for an abundance of new paintings, journal pages or even an entire body of work!

 

 

PWYC? 

 

Those of you who know me, know that I have always tried to keep my workshops as accessible and as affordable as possible. In an effort to try to make my workshops even more accessible to as many people as possible, I thought that from time to time, I will offer a PWYC workshop. 

 

I understand that times are tough right now and that maybe you can truly only afford to buy me a cup of tea (English Breakfast and black, please) but, maybe you are in the position to pay full price or to help pay for someone who can't. We have to help each other as much as we can right now. It's all greatly appreciated and it helps me to continue teaching, sharing ideas and making art. 

 

Your support and interest in my work helps to keep food on our table and a roof over my family's heads.

 

(Only because I've been asked, my regular price for a two hour workshop is $50.) 


I hope that you're thinking, sounds great, I'm in!

 



 

 

 



Supplies needed: 
 
(I'll send a list of the specifics I use so you have it upon registration. Use what YOU have.)
  •  Dress to paint! 
  • Tip: When I painted at a table, I put a large piece of cardstock or paper down on my surface to protect it AND I get more painted paper from it!
  • A pile of cardstock or your favorite paper to paint on in a manageable size (8 1/2 x 11" or smaller)
  • one large paint brush (approximately 1" flat brush (a #12))
  • Acrylic paints: Titanium White, Payne's Grey (or Black), a red (Quinacridone Magenta is my favorite), a yellow (I like Benzimidazolone or Diarylide/Marigold), and a blue (Phthalo Turquoise is one of my Go To Blues), a favorite bonus color (for me, that would probably be Quinacridone Gold.) Heavy body acrylic is my favorite. Use what you have.
  • A roll of paper towels (I love blue shop towels)
  • Water in a your paint jar
  • A barrier cream for your hands, or gloves 
  • Waxed Paper (or room to leave your pages out to dry) 

*Disclaimer: I do not work for or represent any company or brand. The views I share on my favorite tools and brands are from more than 25 years of working hands on with acrylic paints and mixed media supplies. No one pays me to sell their wares nor do I receive any free product. I only recommend what I love and use.

 

 

 

Can't make the live workshop? 

The main part of my workshops are always recorded. However, please note: for those who are camera shy, during the main part of the workshop I am pinned and students are muted (but, encouraged to unmute and ask questions!) Additionally, before and after the session, there is time for students to ask questions, share, and engage with each other and me, WHILE NOT BEING RECORDED.

 

You'll receive a special link and a class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.

 

ENROLLMENT IS EXTREMELY LIMITED!

 

Your Art Supplies are Calling You...  


How do I sign up? 

 

 


 As always, thank you for your support!
 
I hope to see you soon!
 



Comments

Popular Posts