Georgia O'Keeffe on my Shelf

  • Becoming O'KeeffeMy Faraway One
  • Modernism and the Feminine Voice: O'Keeffe and the Women of the Stieglitz Circle
  • Portrait of an Artist: A Biography of Georgia O'Keeffe
  • Three Artists (Three Women) Modernism and the Art of Hesse, Krasner, and O'Keeffe
  • Carr, O'Keeffe, Kahlo

  • Georgia O'Keeffe by Maria Costantino
  • Georgia O'Keeffe One Hundred Flowers
  • Georgia O'Keeffe Selections from One Hundred Flowers in the West
  • Georgia O'Keeffe Arts and Letters
  • The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
  • Two Lives
  • Georgia O'Keeffe by Nancy J Scott

  • Portrait of an Artist: Georgia O'Keeffe
  • A Woman on Paper
  • Georgia O'Keeffe Randall Griffin
  • Remembering Miss O'Keeffe
  • Full Bloom
  • Painting Gender, Constructing Theory

  • Miss O'Keeffe by Patten and Cardona-Hine
  • O'Keeffe Days in a Life
  • Maria Chabot Georgia O'Keeffe Correspondence 1941-1949
  • Robinson's Georgia O'Keeffe

  • Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico
  • The Genizaro and the Artist
  •  The Book Room: Georgia O'Keeffe's Library in Abiquiu
  • Georgia O'Keeffe and Her Houses

  • Letters like the Day: On Reading Georgia O'Keeffe
  • Some Memories of Drawing by Georgia O'Keeffe
  • Georgia O'Keeffe and New Mexico: A Sense of Place
  • Robinson's O'Keeffe book
  • Lovingly Georgia: The Complete Correspondence of Georgia O'Keeffe & Anita Pollitzer
  • A Woman on Paper
  • Georgia O'Keeffe and the Eros of Place
  • From the Faraway Nearby
  • Full Bloom
  •  The Book Room: Georgia O'Keeffe's Library in Abiquiu
  • The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
  • Georgia O'Keeffe and her Houses
  • O'Keeffe Art and Letters 
  • To See Takes Time (shown below) 

The one book that I don't have that I really regret not buying (not that I could've afforded it at the time and I sure as heck can't now that it's OOP) is O'Keeffe's two volume catalogue raisonne.

 

 

I was commissioned to revisit and revise a painted journal that I made a few years ago about my time spent in Abiquiu, New Mexico, studying the life and work of artist Georgia O’Keeffe. I sorted through my O'Keeffe books and decided that the pile you see above would be the ones to focus on.  I'm also using my previous journal as well as my memories and photos (some shared below) as inspiration.

 

I'll be sharing my process on my Ko-Fi page.

 

Previous O'Keeffe links that may be of interest:  

 


“My painting is what I have to give back to the world for what the world gives to me."-O'Keeffe

Comments

Popular Posts