Visiting Five Decades of Fechin at the Nicolai Fechin House in Taos, New Mexico Part One

 A couple of weeks ago, my son approached me with the idea of an impromptu road trip where we'd visit some of the National Parks in a handful of states. He wanted to invite my Mom, whom I hadn't seen since February 2020. He also wanted to bring his dog, Merci and my Mom's dog, Maxie. He asked if I wouldn't mind being their chauffeur.  I quickly said, yes. I looked at his wish list of fifty five places in ten days and quickly nixed most of it.  
 
I looked at the map and started plotting where I wanted to go. Taos, New Mexico is one of my favorite places on the planet. I've been lucky enough to visit a couple of times but I never had the chance  to visit the Fechin House. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. It's been three weeks and I can't stop thinking about it: 
 
 
 

 


I'll share the second floor soon. Have you visited Fechin's home in Taos? What did you think?

Make sure you check out their website. There's a plethora of information available. 

The current exhibit (shown above), Five Decades of Fechin is on view through September 10th, 2023.

Comments

Popular Posts