A Pay What You Can Workshop: The Story Within: Turning Life into Visual Journal Pages 25 February 2023 10 a.m. PST



 
The Story Within: Turning Life into Visual Journal Pages

We've all been told that we have a, "story within." How do we tell that story visually? How do we take the every day and make it extraordinary? There's magic and new discoveries to be found when mixing paper, paint and pen. 


Peel back the layers to find new sources of inspiration to guide and feed your art making.

 

Let's spark your creativity! I'll reach deep into my bag of tips, tricks and techniques to share an abundance of my latest inspiring ideas. I am very excited to share and work alongside you in this very special workshop.

 
Mediums include: Collage, acrylic painting, mixed media (mark making, journal writing, simple drawing) and more.  

Skill level: Beginner to advanced welcome!

Saturday, 25 February 2023 

10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. PST

 

ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED (for the live workshop!)    
 

Maybe you've been wanting to take a workshop but times are tough, and I truly get that. Maybe you've been wanting to take a workshop but for whatever reason, you just haven't been able to. 


Whatever the reason is, there's space for YOU!

 

Gather your art supplies and join me in a very special PWYC workshop.

 

PWYC? 

 

Those of you who know me, know that I have always tried to keep my workshops as accessible and as affordable as possible. In an effort to try to make my workshops even more accessible to as many people as possible, I thought that from time to time, I will offer a PWYC workshop. 

 

I understand that times are tough right now and that maybe you can truly only afford to buy me a cup of tea (English Breakfast and black, please) but, maybe you are in the position to pay full price or to help pay for someone who can't. We have to help each other as much as we can right now. It's all greatly appreciated and it helps me to continue teaching, sharing ideas and making art. Your support and interest in my work helps to keep food on our table and a roof over my family's heads.

 

(Adding this because I've been asked, what is my regular price for a two and a half hour workshop, it is $50.)


I hope that you're thinking, sounds great, I'm in! 

 

 

 
What supplies will I need?
  • Journal (or substrate of choice)
  • Collage* material plus adhesive, rag, something to glue on. (*Images can be of ANYTHING: your own drawings, people, animals, personal photos, inanimate objects, etc... does NOT have to be people.)
  • paint (acrylics), brushes/palette knives, favorite painting tools, paper towels/rags, plus water in your water bucket
  • Favorite mixed media tools: I used what I have, you use what YOU have. (I will send you a specific supply list of what I used upon registration. Again, I want you to use what YOU already have.)
 

 

 

Sounds great, but I can't make the virtual, live session, will it be recorded?

 

YES. You'll receive a special link and a class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.

 

ENROLLMENT IS EXTREMELY LIMITED!

 

Your Art Supplies are Calling You...  


How do I sign up? 

 



 As always, thank you for your support!
 

Comments

Madeline said…
I will be out of town and unable to do the FIRST class live but want to do all the others live.. can I get a link to the recording of the first class on the MONDAY after it airs? I can start a couple of days late..want to hear the first class before taking the rest of them live, if possible..thanks so much!!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Madeline,

Yes, you will receive a recording of the workshop within 48 hours after the live workshop ends. You'll have forever access.

The Story Within is a stand alone class. I'm not sure if you're confusing it with my monthly workshop, The Art Life or with my other, occasional Pay What You Can Workshops.

Thanks so much!

Popular Posts