Some Thoughts on Painting and Creating Art in 2022

 

 Andrew's Corner

 The Search

 The Ancestor
 Auvers sur Oise
 When Time Stops
The Painter's Garden
 
 La Cascade
 Seeking New Landscapes
 Destination

2022 hasn't come to an end just yet but before it does, I wanted to share some of my favorite paintings from the past year. (It is difficult to choose favorites as each new work has brought something different to my journey.) I also wanted to share some thoughts of the journey itself.


One of the most satisfying things that I did this year was to tear up most of my work from the past year. I reworked a lot of it into small journals that I called, The Transition Journals. I like the idea of reworking old work into new work. It is something that I've often thought about as I look at my mound of journals from the past 26 years. It was very satisfying to sit with the work, reflect on the journey and then tear the journals and paintings apart, creating something new.

 

Another thing that I did in 2022 was to transition to teaching entirely online. I will be honest, thanks to constantly changing algorithms and the like, this has been my most challenging year ever. It's been as if I am starting from scratch. I have thought about giving up more than once but I started teaching Pay What You Can Workshops and those have helped a little. It still has been challenging and I know that I am not alone in the challenges that 2022 has brought.

 

In 2022, I also built a virtual classroom and online community, The Art Life Workshop (now, The Art Life: Painting by the Season Workshop.) This is something that I have wanted to do for MANY years and I finally had the time (as well as upgraded internet!) to be able to do so. I am very proud of our community of artists from all over the world. We gather together on a weekly basis to learn new ideas, share our work and form new friendships. I look forward to our ongoing painting sessions as it encourages the sharing and generating of new ideas. It also quite fun. I am extremely grateful to our Art Life community as it has really helped to push my work in new ways.  


I have more to share but I'll save that for another time. Wishing you a warm and creative holiday season. 

 

Much love and thanks for reading this,

Kelly

 

May Be of Interest:

If you are interested in seeing more of my work from the past year, you can visit this link. It's work that I currently have for sale but it's also most of the work that I've done in 2022.

 

The Art Life Workshop: Painting by the Season (sale extended until December 31st.) 

 

If you haven't already, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel 

 

My Newsletter sometimes has exclusive goodies  


Comments

Popular Posts