Pay What You Can: Winter Solstice Journal


 

We're coming up to the busy time of year, a time when it seems that each holiday or event is right around the corner. In the rush of the holiday season, we tend to lose track of the present and miss the smaller, every day things that are right in front of us.


On Sunday, December 11th, 2022 at 10 am PST, I'm once again offering a very special PWYCW (pay what you can workshop) that I've developed especially for this time of the year. We will be making a WINTER SOLSTICE pocket journal (think paint plus collage!)

 

No matter the theme, if you love paint, paper and making mini books, you'll love this workshop!

 


 

YOU are invited!  

 

Maybe you've been wanting to take a workshop but times are tough, and I truly get that. Maybe you've been wanting to take a workshop but for whatever reason, you just haven't been able to. 


Whatever the reason is, there's space for YOU!

 

For about ninety minutes on 12/11/2022, pull out your art supplies and join me in a very special PWYC workshop.

 

PWYC? 

 

Those of you who know me, know that I have always tried to keep my workshops as accessible and as affordable as possible. In an effort to try to make my workshops even more accessible to as many people as possible, I thought that from time to time, I will offer a PWYC workshop. 

 

I understand that times are tough right now and that maybe you can truly only afford to buy me a cup of tea (English Breakfast and black, please) but, maybe you are in the position to pay full price or to help pay for someone who can't. We have to help each other as much as we can right now. It's all greatly appreciated and it helps me to continue teaching, sharing ideas and making art. Your support and interest in my work helps to keep food on our table and a roof over my family's heads. 


I hope that you're thinking, sounds great, I'm in! 

 

What supplies will I need?

  • Paper, paint (acrylics), brushes/palette knives, favorite painting tools, paper towels/rags, plus water in your water bucket
  • Collage material plus adhesive, rag, something to glue on.
  • Bookbinding materials: needle, thread, awl, scissors.

 

We will be making painted and collaged pages. Before class, assemble a small selection of some of your favorite paper (four 8 1/2 x 11" sheets should be enough) to paint on as well as a small assortment of collage papers. After layering the papers with collage images and paint layers, we will assemble and bind them into a journal. I'll give you ideas, tips and techniques as well as send an extensive handout on how to take these ideas and be inspired by the Winter Solstice.


 

Sounds great, but I can't make the virtual, live session, will it be recorded?

 

YES. You'll receive a special link and a class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.


ENROLLMENT IS EXTREMELY LIMITED!

 

Close out the year with art making which will encourage a new ritual of art making, connection and celebration.   
 
As 2022 draws to an end, come feed your spirit and nurture your soul.


How do I sign up? 

 

 



 As always, thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts