VERY LIMITED! Own Some of My Original Work - The Transition Journals

 

 

On Friday, November 25th at 10 a.m. PST I will have The Transition Journals listed for sale. 

 

On that day, I will also be selling: 

  • original art
  • original journal pages 
  • as well as a few other goodies

 

I gathered my work from the last year. I sorted through each and every piece.

I tore apart the journals: mostly painted and drawn pieces, some painted collage work. I sorted and put things in piles. I left three journals as is (I am still working in them and hope to be finished with at least one of them by the end of this year.)

This is a pile of some of the painted pages. One side is painted, the other is blank. For the past few days, I gathered those pages, cut them down, folded, sorted, added some of my drawings (cut down) as well as blank paper and created these:


 

I have not offered journals for sale since 2019.

 

I have not downsized work on such a large scale before. (Yes, I've torn pages out of journals before as I inched closer to finishing.) I've never sat with a full year of work, revisited and repurposed it in such a way.

 

I was asked how it felt by a few close friends. 

 

The work has served me well. Any time spent with a brush (or pen or glue stick) is time well served.

 

The work has given me confidence, encouragement, knowledge, and increased my skills. All of which I've shared with my students in various workshops (especially The Art Life Workshop.)  

 

These re-purposed journals, The Transition Journals, are now ready to be loved and given new life by someone else.

 

Please visit me here on my blog and make sure that you REFRESH the blog so that a new page pops up.

 

Some particulars: 

 

  • The books are LIMITED. I do not know if/when I will make them ever again. Again, the books were made from a YEAR'S WORTH OF WORK and this is the first time I have offered a year's worth of work!
 
  • Each book is approximately 4 1/2 x 6" and has 8 pieces of paper (32 pages.) Each book has a mix of painted pages, snippets of drawings (again, I tore the pages up so they are fragments of the originals) along with blank pages. All of the work has been done by hand, by ME (creating the pages, gathering/sorting, cutting, binding, etc...) 
 
  • Each book is unique and one of a kind.
 
  • They are ready and waiting for you to work in them and add to them. (Collage, drawing, painting, journaling, etc...) They are made for YOU! Toss one in your bag with a pencil, marker, collage material, etc... Confession: I kept one and already started working in it!

  • Instead of listing each book individually, I'm going to offer them at a discounted rate and take requests for colors (As always, I will do my best to fulfill requests.)
 
  • I will wrap and ship them for the holidays. They make great gifts for your favorite artist!
 
  • Each book is signed and dated. 

  • I will add more sneak peeks at the original art pieces available NEXT week. 
 
  • On Friday, November 25th at 10 a.m. PST I will have them listed for sale. 

     

    On that day, I will also be selling: 

  • original art
  • original journal pages 
  • as well as a few other goodies

 

I am a working artist. Your support keeps a roof over my family's head, food on our table and the bills paid. Your support will also enable me to create new work in the coming year. I've been very lucky to have been teaching and creating for 25 years now and I hope to continue teaching, sharing and creating for many more years to come. So, from the bottom of my heart,

 

THANK YOU. 

 

See you on the 25th!


Comments

Marrianna said…
I never asked you about when you would be mailing out the journals? And I hope you sold ALL OF THEM and ALL YOUR ORIGINAL ARTWORKS.
Kelly Kilmer said…
@Marrianna, Thank you again! I sent out an email to everyone who purchased something about shipping. (I always try to ship relatively quickly as I know how exciting it can be to receive fun mail.) That said, everything is in the mail via USPS first class and/or priority, you may have already received it by now. :) Thanks again!!!

Popular Posts