My Weekend of Research

 

 

Greetings from Los Angeles. We are melting under a heat dome. To conserve energy (for myself as well as California's power grid), I am spending the weekend doing research, lots of research. You will find me hydrating, reading, writing and drawing. 


I have work to do for The Art Life Workshop, Fragments: Devotions as well as some additional projects. 

 

"You cannot impose a culture from the top--it must come from under. It grows out of the soil, out of the people, out of their daily life and work. It is a spontaneous expression of their joy of life, of their joy in work, and if this does not exist, the culture will not exist. Joy is a spiritual quality, an impalpable quality: that too cannot be forced. It must be an inevitable state of mind, born of the elementary processes of life, a by-product of natural human growth."  

-Herbert Read, To Hell with Culture

 

I hope that you are staying well wherever you may be.



Comments

Popular Posts