Why Art? Why Now?


Humans, even in the worst of times, are driven to create. We need to try to remember this no matter how full of despair we may be over the deluge of world news. 

Art can show us not only how things are but how things can be, what is truly possible. Even in our darkest moments, art gives us hope and a chance to pause, step back and realize how marvelous the world and being alive is. 

"There are moments on most days when I feel a deep and sincere gratitude, when I sit at the open window, and there is a blue sky or moving clouds." -Käthe Kollwitz 


As a working artist, I often get tired of having to advertise my offerings (often wondering, am I posting too much, not enough, etc...) Like you, I have bills to pay, I'd like to be able to feed my family, (and also, because I won't post again now until Friday), I would like to remind you that I am teaching a live, two hour virtual workshop (which shall be recorded for students, if you can't make the live workshop) this Saturday, March 5th from Noon to 2 pm PST. It's called Reflections a Two Hour Online Workshop in Paint, Paper and Pen. I hope that you can join me. You can find out more here. (A reminder, that I am not teaching in person workshops for the foreseeable future.)

Thank you for reading this. I appreciate you and your support.

Comments

Popular Posts