Living the Art Life

 

Somehow, Spring is already in the air in Los Angeles. It's almost 80 degrees as I type this. David and I smell the jasmine blooming on our night walks. I'm now wondering not only where the last two years went but where 2022 is going as it seems we are full speed ahead.


The above page is part of a project I'm working on (I'll share more soon.) I'm juggling several balls in the air trying to stay afloat. I know that I'm not alone.


Today, I'm filming videos for the weekly segment of my Art Life Workshop called, "Building a Daily Practice." They're video lessons that are fifteen minutes or less demonstrating a variety of exercises in collage, painting, journaling, etc... Above are pages of two sample lessons I've shared so far with the group. 

 

My point with the lessons isn't making fully, finished pieces but to get you working creatively and thinking about your work. One could make finished pages, focus on just the painting exercises on scrap papers, etc... I've been saying for years that all it takes is fifteen minutes a day (or less) and after several days of working like this, you can have something to show for it. So, I mean it when I say that I'm throwing everything I can into The Art Life Workshop

 

Last night I added two new collage sheets to our collage sheet library (I added a much higher resolution to our library):

This weekend, we have our first live workshop of the session sharing how I created this page:

After that, I'll add a worksheet to the group. I'm already planning next week as well. So, lots already and we're only three days into this session! I've had a few folks ask if it was too late to sign up and it never is! Jump in! The paint is still wet!

 

"I must continue to follow the path I take now. If I do nothing, if I study nothing, if I cease searching, then, woe is me, I am lost.. ..keep going, keep going come what may"-Vincent Van Gogh

Comments

Popular Posts