No Place Like Home

 




I began with collage materials. I forgot to take a photo but the scissors were drawn onto a piece of scrap paper, cut out, adhered to the painted page and then painted. I like the 3D element that it brings to the page. I added more paint layers as I went.

The more I worked the page, the less I liked the text of "No Place Like Home" peeking through. I painted over it and added the yellow "string" with a paint marker. 

I'm more paint these days then marker or pen. I'm trying to explore using my brushes more not just with painting but also with mark making and things that have been more comfortable for me to do with paint markers and pens. It's also nice to reduce my supplies to what I really need and use. 

(I'm planning on making collage and art supply grab bags for sale within the next week or two that I'll be sharing on the blog when they're ready. I also have more books from my collection to post as well.)

Supplies:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with  100 lb Accent Opaque card stock sized Working size (book closed) 9 3/4 x 8" (Repurposing a journal I began in January.)

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Brushes

Painting knives

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Posca paint marker (for coloring the text and the yellow lines)

Coccoina glue stick

Collage materials

Looked at:

Francis Bacon

Reading:

Francis Bacon Revelations


Comments

Popular Posts