A Peek at my Easel


When I'm working at my easel, I listen to interviews with and about artists, writers and poets as well as audiobooks. I often write down things that jump out at me. I write the quotes in pencil directly onto my drawing board that's clamped to my easel. Later, I'll transcribe them into my studio journal but I don't erase them from the easel. The ones that I've accidentally painted over, I'll rewrite. Their words make me feel less alone in what I'm doing. 

Do you have a collection of artist quotes in your work area? How do you keep them?

Comments

Anonymous said…
There's a cork board behind my jewellery bench in my studio. They get pinned up there on their various scraps of paper. Sometimes they get shuffled around for the most relevant ones at the time.

Popular Posts