30 Paintings in 30 Days!


May be art of flower

May be art 

May be art 

May be art 

May be art of indoor 

May be art of apple 

May be art of flower 

May be art 

May be an image of fruit 

May be art of flower 

May be art 

 

May be art 

 


May be art

May be art

May be art of drink 

May be art 


May be art of food

May be art

May be art of coneflower and nature 


May be an illustration of indoor 

May be art 

May be art of ball 

May be art of indoor 

May be a closeup of African daisy 


May be art 

May be art 

Recently, I gave myself a challenge as part of one of my projects that I've been working on (projects that I hope to announce very soon.) I decided to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. 

The paintings range in size from 4 1/2 x 6 to 9 x 12." I worked on separate pages (usually I work in a bound, handmade journal.) The work is all acrylic paint on paper. 

In order to work primarily on this project, I ended up putting most of my personal (painted journal pages) work on hold.

This month, I'm taking a break from the 30 paintings in 30 days. I've learned that in the future with work such as this (for me), it is best to alternate what I'm working on. In other words, one day work in my personal journal and the next, on an outside project such as this. It keeps me happy and on track. I've also learned the obvious, which is to not beat myself up over it if I don't get it done. All in all, it was an intensive project that pushed me out of my comfort zone and one that I would most certainly attempt again!  

Comments

Barbara said…
These are ALL absolutely gorgeous Kelly. The colors and intensity take my breathe away.
Diane said…
Wow Kelly these are so beautiful! And what a tremendous undertaking, I am in Awe!
Waiting to hear your announcement …
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thank you, Barbara and Diane, for your very kind words. I really appreciate the support and enthusiasm. :)

Popular Posts