The California Coast


Dreaming of Monterey Cypress trees... and a very short drive through Carmel to see Tor House (from the outside.) For quite some time, I have longed to visit Tor House, Carmel and the surrounding area. (I've been through it on road trips but never have had the time to get out and explore.)

I have much to learn from the artists and writers of the past who lived and worked there. For now, I will have to be content with reading my books, painting pictures from my photos and dreaming...

Supplies:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with  100 lb Accent Opaque card stock sized Working size (book closed) 9 3/4 x 8" (Repurposing a journal I began in January.)

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Brushes

Painting knives

Princeton Catalyst Tools


Looked at:

Edvard Munch

Enrique Martinez Celaya


Reading:

After the Scream: the Late Paintings of Edvard Munch 

Comments

Popular Posts