Rearranging the Studio Space

 

In an effort to make my space more accessible and inviting, I began rearranging, cleaning and reorganizing. Above, you have a peek at how three of my shelves look today. Eardley, Gorky, Kollwitz and more fill three shelves.

This is a shot of what the shelves looked like until Saturday afternoon. There are many books shown here that I still love but haven't looked at in quite some time. I sorted through and made two piles: keep and sell (more on those later.) 

The ones I kept were boxed, labeled and stored in Tristan's former bedroom. I have three banker's boxes: art journaling/bookbinding/collage; Lynda Barry and misc; and Maira Kalman. 

My goal is to clean, reorganize and rearrange my "studio area" (aka my side of the living room.) I am trying to make my books and art supplies that I am using now more accessible and easier to find. 

My goal is to morph my corner into a working artist's studio so I can begin to film workshops and live videos from my apartment. I would like a space that is ready to go and calls to me at all hours to come paint or read.  

Wish me luck! 

Comments

Tracey said…
Love this so much. Aren't banker's boxes the best for this kind of job? I love how neat and tidy the stacks are and how you can easily label (and read the label later) to find what you want. I just bought a whole new stack of 'em to use in the garage. <3

Popular Posts