Citizen of the World


For a long time, whenever I was asked where I was from, I would respond, "I live in Los Angeles but I am from Boston."

Now, whenever I think of home or where I am "from", I don't think of one specific place. 


When asked where he was from, Greek philosopher Diogenes the Cynic stated, "I am a world citizen.” (Chaplin said it, too.)

 

I've had many homes. I've lived many lives. Every time I open a good book,  every truly great film, or new town I visit, or friend whose path I come across, I take something with me and I leave something behind. The universe is a big space and I don't want to be tied to just one place. My roots travel far and wide, beyond borders and with access to great art, beyond time and space.


Supplies used:

Journal I made using a discarded, hardcover book with 100 lb Accent Opaque card stock size 9 1/2 x 13" 

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht, Charvin and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Awl

Looked at:

Edvard Munch
Enrique Martinez Celaya 

Reading:

On Art and Mindfulness Enrique Martinez Celaya

Comments

Popular Posts