Sunflowers X

 


Lots of looking, stepping back, walking away, layering, and letting go. My only regret is not painting them in their own separate book. 

I've painted ten sunflowers. We shall see what tomorrow's brush brings.

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 9 3/4 x 16" opened 

Working size (single page) 9 3/4 x 8"

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looked at: 

Joan Mitchell

Vincent Van Gogh

Reading:

various Joan Mitchell catalogues 

Remberance of Things Past by Marcel Proust

Comments

Pam (Mpls) said…
Wow Kelly - these are so beautiful and luminous and alive! You have really found your magic and inspiration in sunflowers! I have so enjoyed watching them and you evolve!! Thanks so much for sharing as always. Xo
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Pam,

This means the world to me. Thank you for your kind words, encouragement and interest. I have a big smile on my face reading this. Wishing you well! Xoxo and thanks!

Popular Posts