Sunflowers VIII

 


“That particular thing I want can’t be verbalized. . . . I’m trying for something more specific than movies of my everyday life: To define a feeling.” -Joan Mitchell

I don't know what I love more, the movement, the feeling, or the little swatches of color scattered on this page.

Now to tackle the page on the right.  

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 9 3/4 x 16" opened 

Working size (single page) 9 3/4 x 8"

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looked at: 

Joan Mitchell

Vincent Van Gogh

Henri Matisse

Joan Eardley

Arshile Gorky

Reading:

various Joan Mitchell catalogues as well as Joan Eardley
(more on both of these painters these soon)

Comments

Popular Posts