Sunflowers V

 

I know when a painting is "working" for me by how it feels. It's a sensation that something is headed in the right direction. I can feel it bubbling and dancing inside.


These two separate pages make me very happy. The trick is to always remember to get to that feeling. Don't give up. Don't be afraid to walk away and come back. It takes a lot of work, trial and error as well as trust in what you are doing. Keep making and build your confidence. 

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 9 3/4 x 16" opened 

Working size (single page) 9 3/4 x 8"

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looked at: 

Joan Mitchell

Vincent Van Gogh

Arshile Gorky

Richard Diebenkorn

Comments

Popular Posts