Sunflowers IV

 


"My paintings repeat a feeling about Lake Michigan, or water, or fields...it's more like a poem...and that's what I want to paint."-Joan Mitchell 


"I find comfort in contemplating the sunflowers."-Van Gogh to Emile Bernard


A quick note about my work in progress photos. Sometimes I forget to take them. I don't take every step of the process. The photos are taken mostly when I put down my brush and walk away from the work for a period of time. The photos help me to approach the work from a different perspective and to see things in new ways. Matisse did this. (Matisse also painted sunflowers more than once.)


Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 9 3/4 x 16" opened 

Working size (single page) 9 3/4 x 8"

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looked at: 

Joan Mitchell

Vincent Van Gogh

Arshile Gorky

Richard Diebenkorn

Comments

Popular Posts