Silver Dollars



I started this page just messing around with paint. No attachment or connection to the red flower at the bottom.

I started thinking about childhood memories and silver dollars popped into my head.

They were one of my favorite plants growing up in Massachusetts. We rarely saw them except during the late summer (I think) during family drives which is what made them so special. 

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 9 3/4 x 16" opened 

Working size (single page) 9 3/4 x 8"

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Stabilo Aquarellable pencils

Painting knives

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looked at: 

Joan Mitchell

Arshile Gorky

Richard Diebenkorn



Comments

Terri Hamlin said…
Yes! We had them in the Pacific Northwest and you’re right, they dried out during summer so I’d see them late summer into fall and even sticking out through the first snowfall of winter

Popular Posts