Channeling JMW Turner



 

I love JMW Turner. I wasn't looking at his work while making this but this photo makes me think of his work (and I smile):


Yellow is a color that I love. It's also one of my most favorite colors to paint with, one that I know, many of my fellow painters struggle with. 

There are lots of layers on what you see above. No red. Only yellows and browns to achieve the different textures. My favorite bit is that little tiny bottom left corner above.  

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 13 1/4 x 20" opened

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Stabilo Aquarellable pencils

Painting knives 

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looking at: Celia Paul, Edvard Munch, Richard Diebenkorn

Reading: World Light by Halldor Laxness

Listening to (podcasts): A Brush With as well as Deep Color

Comments

Popular Posts