1 August - 15 September 2020


New Work began 1 August through 15th of September 2020

Supplies used: 

Journal I made from 100 lb Accent Opaque card stock and Art Alternative MDF panels for the covers size 10 x 16" opened 

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden 

Stabilo All in One water soluble pencils in various colors

Palette knife 

Brushes

During that time I read and watched:

Arshile Gorky The Plow and the Song A Life in Letters and Documents

Ardent Nature Gorky Landscapes

Gorky: The Implications of Symbols

Gorky: A Retrospective of Drawings

Gorky: A Retrospective

The Art in Painting by Albert C. Barnes

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz

Why no collage? For various reasons. Everything from, I've been wanting to go back to my roots (paint alone on paper) to I couldn't find any images (collage or painted ones) that adequately expressed how many of us are feeling right now.

Comments

Popular Posts