Gorky and Miro Had a Baby and It's a Girl

I started by repurposing MDF wood panels (that I use as palettes) for my covers. I used handmade paper, tacky glue, waxed linen thread and bookbinding supplies to make the book.
White acrylic paint in thin layers.
This was actually supposed to be a tea cup (you can see it on the right panel) but I decided I didn't want it to be on the cover so I changed direction.
outline in pencil from a photo I took.
palette

I thought I had more WIP photos after this shot but I don't (sorry.) I was originally going to add a second image on the right but started playing with the curved, loopy lines.



palette
Supplies used:

100 lb Accent Opaque size 10 x 16" opened

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden

Water based paint markers: Holbein (acrylic inks), Sharpie, Molotow, Posca

Stabilo All in One water soluble pencils in black and yellow

pencil

Palette knife 

Brushes

Reading

Comments

Indigene said…
Love seeing you experiment with abstraction! Do you find it a challenge to switch from representational to abstraction? Do you have a preference?

Popular Posts