Supplies Worth Your Pennies


I've been thinking about tools that are a little pricey but well worth the money.

Last year I caved and bought a bunch of paint keys. They weren't expensive and I liked being able to toss them in my on the go paint bag.

Okay, fuggaddabout the paint keys. You don't need the paint keys.

You want a METAL tube wringer. NOT plastic. METAL. It's about $25 and well worth EVERY penny. It squeezes and smooches every drop of paint from your tubes. Then you can cut the tube open and stick your brush in to use the rest. 

My only regret? That I didn't buy one years ago.

What's one of your favorite tools you didn't think you needed at the time but you're happy you invested in AND you use it on a regular basis?

Comments

Flora mezzo said…
Murphy’s oil soap to de-paint old brushes I didn’t clean properly in time. Completely removes dried acrylic!
Selene said…
Some of my favorite tools:
Short-handled, nylon-bristled paint brushes.
Clear plastic ruler with a metal cutting edge.
Travel-sized (~8x10) cutting mat.
Biggest investment that has really made my life easier is a used Kutrimmer. They really are "all that".
Kelly Kilmer said…
I've heard raves about Murphy's oil soap over the years. I'll have to pick some up at the grocery store. Thank you for the reminder.
:)

Popular Posts