My Saturday with Gorky


Reading about Arshile Gorky. Hayden Herrera's biography on Gorky has kept me up very late every night this week. 

I'm also trying to be better about writing about my art. Instead of only using my planner to write about my days, I'm trying to write more about my process, thoughts and ideas. Writing is an entirely different thing than painting. I've been writing this blog since 2006 but it doesn't come naturally. Like art making, I have to work at it.

I've been reading more books about artists writing about their process, etc... Jack Whitten's Notes from the Woodshed is one of my favorites. Van Gogh's letters is another great source. Elaine de Kooning... Eva Hesse... (I'll try to write up a list of my favorites for a future blog post.)

Do you have any favorite books of artists writing about their art?

Comments

Popular Posts